Wednesday, June 2, 2010

"Make Hay While the Sun Shines" (and it did briefly!)

Today was really a terrible day weatherwise on the Oregon Coast, especially for June.  We had 2 - 3" of rain and lots of wind.  I knew there was no way I would get a ride in.  I did clean & oil my chain though this morning so I would be ready to ride as soon as the weather changed. Also, yesterday I finally got around to finding the manual online for my headlight that was on another bike so I could figure out how to transfer it to my road bike (not an easy task, but I finally accomplished it).   Little did I know the change in the weather would come this evening!  As we were eating dinner about 7 p.m. I suddenly realized the sun was shining and it wasn't raining; the streets had even dried somewhat (well, that may be an exaggeration, but they were drier than an hour earlier).  I decided to take advantage of the break in the weather and go out for a short ride.  So, I pumped up my tires, and off I went.  I normally HATE riding Hwy 101 because the shoulders have a lot of debrie, the traffic is noisy, and there are a lot of trucks.  Tonight, however, it was very pleasant (maybe I was just happy to get out of the house!) and I rode nonstop up to Taft and back; I managed to get 15.52 miles in, and thoroughly enjoyed the ride.  It was truly a beautiful evening!

1 comment: