Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Green Bike Co-op Class

Gale, Jeri & I had our "last" bike mechanic class at Waldport's Green Bike Co-op tonight.  This is a great program and we've really learned a lot and feel much more confident in adjusting/fixing our bikes.  Actually, Jeri assisted Rick Hill in teaching the class, and Gale & I were the students.  Rick has said he will continue with the class if we want (we all "want") in April.  I'm finding I really enjoy working on bikes.  It's something totally different than anything I've ever done, and I still have a lot to learn, but it's actually starting to make sense to me.  The Green Bike Co-op is under the auspices of Seashore Family Literacy:  http://www.seashorefamily.org/

Because of other obligations my training has really gotten off course this week.  Hopefully, I'll get out for 3 or 4 hours tomorrow.  If my daughter's bike is not too tall for me I may be able to ride a bit while I visit her in Colorado for about 10 days; otherwise, I'm going to have a lot of catching up to do when I get home!

No comments:

Post a Comment