Saturday, July 10, 2010

Training Rides

I can't believe it is only 3 weeks until we start our adventure!  As could be expected we've all had some "blips" in our training due to unforeseen circumstances.  But, I really think we're ready.  I led a ladies "novice" ride for my bike club this morning and had a wonderful experience.  We rode about 20 miles on the Bay Rd..  For one of the women it was the first time she had ridden more than 10 miles - congratulations Linda!  Another woman on the ride, Bobbie, was not a novice!  We talked about her ride with her girlfriend for her 50th birthday from the Canadian to Mexican border.  I took off after the "novice" ride and rode to Elk City; I managed to ride a total of 63 miles today and hope to do the same tomorrow.  One of the riders on our "novice" ride reminded me that last year I thought a ride of 10 miles was an accomplishment (and it was!).  Now a ride of 60 miles is almost easy.  The training is paying off and I truly think we are ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment