Sunday, February 14, 2010

Great Day for a Ride

Since I am NOT recovering from knee surgery and we had a reprieve from the rain on the Oregon Coast, I was able to get out for a 28 mile bike ride.  The weather was perfect, about 55 degrees and lightly overcast.  I started at Hwy. 101 &  rode  Drift Creek Rd.  to Anderson Creek Rd., taking Anderson Cr. to Schooner Cr. Rd. and turned east toward the Coast Range where you can ride a couple of miles before the road turns to gravel.  When I hit the gravel I turned around and took Schooner Creek to Hwy. 101.  I then turned around and again rode Schooner Creek to the gravel, then turned around and rode back along Schooner Creek then took 48th Pl. to High School Dr. and rode the hill up to Taft High School.  I then turned around and took the loop following Schooner Cr., Anderson Cr., and Drift Cr. back to Hwy. 101.  When I got to 101 I decided I wanted to ride a bit more, so took Drift Cr. back to Anderson Cr., then turned around and rode Drift Cr. back to my car which was parked at the intersection of Hwy. 101.  This is a beautiful ride that follows 3 creeks.  There are few cars, and few houses.  It's also a good detour off of Hwy. 101.

No comments:

Post a Comment