Monday, February 22, 2010

Summer in February on the Oregon Coast

Saturday and Sunday were spectacular "summer" days on the Oregon Coast.  I was able to get in two beautiful rides.  On Saturday I rode with my friends Gale and Susan on the Bay Rd., Newport starting at   Bike Newport; I had a bit of a problem on the hills (Gale made both of them), but still got in a good workout and rode about 25 miles.  On Sunday, I rode favorite route along Drift Creek, Anderson, Creek, and Schooner Creek, with extensions, and rode it twice for a total of 30 miles.  I did much better with hills on Sunday, and thoroughly enjoyed the ride.  Only problem I had was because I started messing with my cyclometer and managed to do the first half of the ride in kilometers, then when I reached 25 km and tried to adjust the cyclometer back to "miles" I turned it off completely.  I didn't have directions with me so had to "guestimate" the rest of my mileage.

No comments:

Post a Comment