Friday, September 24, 2010

Missouri!

Our last full day in Kansas I decided not to ride.  I have been plagued with "saddlesores" most of the trip and I was really needing a day off of the saddle.  I must say that my day off really seemed to help and I enjoyed our next day's 64 mile ride from Chanute Kansas to Everton, Missouri.

We will miss riding in Kansas.  It is really a beautiful state with rolling countryside and wonderful people.  We were, of course, riding in very rural Kansas with small towns.  My memories will be of fields of corn, soghrum, and soy beans, cattle grazing, and friendly people.

Yesterday we rode into Missouri and it is very green with much steeper "rollercoaster" hills.  Andreas decided to join up with us again for a rest day in Branson, MO where Fran and her friend Donna (she has joined us for the rest of trip) are enjoying some shows.  Dana, Andreas and I took a "Ride the Duck" tour of Branson which was quite entertaining and got us out of town to see a bit of the surrounding area.  It is really great to have Andreas back with us!

Dana and Andreas in the Duck Boat


View of Table Rock Lake from Duck Boat


No comments:

Post a Comment