Saturday, September 4, 2010

Monarch Pass - the Highest Summit on our Trip

Today was another tough day, but for me, not as tough as yesterday.  We rode 35 miles from Gunnison to the base of Monarch Pass, then climbed for 10 miles up to the 11,312 summit.  About 2 miles from the Summit I had a flat tire.  Having to change it gave me a good rest and I zoomed to the top when I finished.  I had a late start, and with the flat, that made me not get into Salida until about 5 p.m..  The descent from the summit into Salida was a great 25 mile decline.

Cali and Patches, Fran's cats also got to experience the summit!

Cali, Patches and Dana at the summit of Monarch Pass which sits on the Continental Divide
Dana and her mom Fran, took time to ride the tram to the top of Monarch Mountain where the views were spectacular.

Dana on the top of Monarch Mountain

No comments:

Post a Comment