Sunday, September 5, 2010

Salida to Westcliffe, Colorado

Today was a shorter day (45 miles) but not easy.  Lots of climbing, holiday weekend traffic and rough roads.  However, Dana and I took it easy and loved the ride.  Lisa didn't like it (got tired of the rough roads).  I had another flat tire (my fault - it was a "pinch" flat caused by my not being careful enough when I installed the new tube yesterday after yesterday's flat - probably because I was being bitten by nasty flies & I just wanted to get back on my bike - I've learned my lesson!).  I stopped Lisa as she was riding past me and she helped me with the tire repair (we both checked very carefully to make sure I won't have another "pinch" flat).

The scenery today included lots of ranch land surrounded by mountains.  Everything was very green which surprised me for Colorado this time of year.  Dana, Lisa and I walked into Westcliffe after our ride for ice cream.  Westcliffe is a small but touristy and cute small historical town with lots of restaurants, art galleries and other shops.

Scenery on road from Salida to Westcliffe, Colorado
Beckwith Ranch on Hwy. 69 north of Westcliffe, CO
Cowboy Church on Hwy. 69 north of Westcliffe, CO

3 comments:

  1. can cowgirls go in that church ? you girls are stupendous ! UNFORGETTABLE ! xoxoxo nancy leone

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow !!!! it finally worked....i have put on various posts and have never seen one of mine come up !!! so glad to hear from you nancy, and so glad all you girls are SAFE ! your trip of a bzillion peoples lifetimes ! missing you and thinking of you all..all the time..p.s. frank is also AMAZED !

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wonder if they serve beer instead of wine in that church? signed ms. roman catholic !

    ReplyDelete