Monday, October 4, 2010

September 29, 2010 - Lost Again!

Today we rode from Murphysboro Lake State Park, IL to Eddyville, IL.  Dana and I almost immediately got lost trying to get out of Murphysboro and to the city of Carbondale.  Getting lost probably didn't cause us to have to ride many more miles but it did cause us to ride through the fairly large town of Carbondale the the campus of Southern Illinois University.  After getting through town I was fairly tired from my 100 mile ride the day before so decided I wanted to take it easy and Dana went on ahead at a faster pace.  I then got lost again because I missed a turn (Lisa ended up missing the same turn) and ended up riding on a busy highway with way too many coal trucks into the town of Goreville.  I had a great lunch with the locals at Delaney's in Goreville though, and got a "second wind".  The rest of the ride of a bit hilly, but not too bad.  Dana and Fran ended up picking me up a few miles outside of our destination; so I rode 54 miles that day (plenty after my 100 miles the day before!).  We spent the night at a RV horse camp outside of Eddyville, IL - not an experience any of us would recommend because of the smell and the flies (convenient for horse people though since the rate for camping includes stalls for your horses!).

No comments:

Post a Comment