Monday, August 23, 2010

August 20 - New Bike

 I picked up my new bike today and we left St. George, UT and drove up to Cedar City to start our ride east across Utah. I was told by the bike shop that built the bike that my chain was short but that everything worked fine unless I was cross-chained. When we got to Cedar City I discovered the bike would not even shift into the big chain ring which I need to do to go down mountains. Dana and I both tried to shift into the big ring while riding it, were unsuccessful, so put it up on the rack; it still didn’t work. Then the front chain rings stopped shifting at all! So, that means I can’t ride tomorrow and will have to take the bike into a shop in Cedar City. There appears to be a front derailleur or shifter issue, but none of us could get it to work right after several hours of messing with it. I must say that I am really frustrated. Hopefully the shop in Cedar City can fix it right away. I know one thing, I won’t leave Cedar City without fully test riding the bike!

No comments:

Post a Comment