Thursday, August 19, 2010

Grand Canyon-North Rim

Mom and I headed up to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon--first time to the north rim for both of us. Wow--absolute beauty at 9000 feet so it was cool-not the 102 degrees in the valley. Very few people around so none of the hectic tourist feeling of the south rim.
The only thing that describes it for me is "Be still and know that I am God".
We watched lightning strike in the slopes below us as we descended.
A wonderful day of rest. One more day of rest before we do the first real serious climb of the trip--4500 feet in 20 miles up Cedar Breaks.

1 comment:

  1. I knew you would enjoy the North Rim. Got my new bike today and will take it on a maiden voyage early tomorrow a.m. Got a ways to go before I can take on the kind of distances you are chasing. Enjoy your last day off. JP

    ReplyDelete